Education is a life-long pursuit as most of us know. You never stop learning, growing, expanding, pushing yourself outside your comfort zone, or exploring the next rise over the hill. By enrolling your children in Premier Academy Northlake’s pre-k program, you are not only setting your child up for success in kindergarten, but you are giving them a life-long love of learning. When every new discovery is treated like Columbus’ discovery of the New World and every question is answered with surprising clarity, children’s minds open up to the possibility of the world. But more importantly, children believe from a young age that anything is possible — and it’s this belief that will help them when disasters strike or life is not going as planned.
At Premier Academy Northlake, we use the award-winning Abeka curriculum to teach history, science, reading, and math, giving children not only a solid foundation in the basics of learning, but also teaching them about God as well. Kids have a place in this world and realizing that at a young age gives them a foundation to stand on. Below, we’ll go over some of our top reasons why we believe enrolling your child in a pre-k program is essential to maximize their growth potential. Contact us today to get started!
TOP BENEFITS OF KINDERGARTEN READINESS PROGRAMS
Teaches foundational skills.
Giving kids a solid foundation in the basics (reading, writing, and arithmetic, as well as other disciplines) will set them up for future success. This also boosts their confidence as they will know just as much as the kid sitting next to them and help them to not feel behind in some way. Being biblically based, Premier Academy Northlake also teaches children biblical truths and foundations for them to build upon as they get older.
Probably by now you as a parent may be tired of hearing how pre-k builds social skills, but there is so much that plays into social skills. First, it gives kids the sense that they are not the center of the world. There are other kids who matter as well, whose feelings matter, and who have a say in what happens as well. Teaching kids the value of teamwork, how to share, how to have patience, and how to have self-control are all life-long skills that kids need in order to grow into proper functioning adults. Premier Academy Northlake stresses the holistic child and his or her place in this world.
Uses the Abeka curriculum.
Students in Pre-Kindergarten classes at Premier Academy Northlake the focus is to have a strong foundation in reading by the time they enter Kindergarten. Students will learn the following:
- Utilization in Phonics to blend letters that best support writing and reading
- Review in short vowels and proper pronunciation
- Reading three letter words are carefully selected to provide a solid understanding and form a strong base for reading.
- Long-vowels are also introduced and additional individual instruction is provided to students to begin to recognize and read words in order to begin to read sentences with one and two vowel words.
- Daily assignments expand each child’s knowledge of numbers their values and concepts to form a strong base in order to begin the learning process of simple addition and subtraction.
- Bible lessons provide children life learning lessons and help children to be able to connect behavioral and core understandings about the world we live in, our place in this world and how we care for ourselves and others in our world today.
- Lessons in History, Social Studies and Science help children to understand the world they live in and to gain a larger view of the world as a whole and how it relates to them in the places they live.
By the end of the Pre-Kindergarten year, children who have attended Premier Academy Northlake are fully prepared to enter kindergarten and continue their education with a strong academic foundation firmly set in place and a new found love for learning that can be utilized for a lifetime.
Schedule a tour today to see why Premier Academy Northlake is simply the best choice for your child.