“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.” Albert Einstein
Preschoolers are such a precious age. They are young, innocent, and love to play make-believe games. At this age, almost anything can be turned into a game, from watching ants crawl over your blanket to dressing up the family dog.
Why Preschoolers Need to Play Imagination Games
- Imagination helps preschoolers understand the world around them.
- It allows them a safe place to express themselves, to try out different characters, and to discover themselves, what they like and dislike.
- It helps them process the world and learn what is safe and what is not safe.
- Imagination helps with social and emotional development.
- Imagination helps kids with self-confidence in real-life situations and conflicts.
TOP 3 BEST PRESCHOOL GAMES TO PLAY TO ENCOURAGE IMAGINATION
- Role-playing. Role-playing can be anything your preschooler makes up. Some great examples are role-playing games made from favorite storybook characters, such as Cinderella or How to Train Your Dragon. Not only will your child get to be the star in his or her world, but your child will develop communication skills as he or she expresses the story out loud to you. And by defeating the bad guy at the end or winning a prize, your preschooler’s self-confidence will soar as well.
- Play dough. One of the best inventions ever (and if you think about it, playing in sand and mud is natural anyway), play dough allows your child to develop tactile skills, as well as create something from nothing. This is a great way to encourage kids to see objects and identify them in their minds.
- Playing house, shop, or school. Kids love to play imaginative games that they see others doing. Playing house allows kids to learn about the importance of chores and taking care of their belongings. Playing shop teaches kids at an early age the importance of money and what money exactly does. Playing school prepares preschoolers for what they will experience in a school environment. This game is particularly useful for a child that is having a hard time adjusting to preschool expectations. By mimicking these situations, your child can learn appropriate behaviors to incorporate into their their actual classroom behavior.
WHY CHOOSE PREMIER ACADEMY NORTHLAKE
Premier Academy Northlake offers the best preschool program in the greater Fort Worth area. We focus on helping your child build vocabulary, numerical skills, reasoning, social development, as well as subject learning such as science, technology, math, and art. While we focus on educating your preschooler with the values he or she will need in this world, we incorporate play and imagination every step of the way.
When you send your pre-K student to Premier Academy Northlake, he or she will love coming here, will experience a supportive and nurturing environment, and will leave with lessons for life, ready to take on the next big step in their lives of kindergarten. Contact us today for a school tour!